Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith – Behind the Scenes
It’s been over 10 years now since Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, the last instalment of the Star Wars prequel trilogy, hit the big screen bringing to a close a much maligned and opinion-splitting return for the Star Wars saga.
Revenge of the Sith is almost universally considered the better of the three prequels as we follow Anakin Skywalker’s transition to the dark side, becoming Darth Vader in the process.
As we’ve done with Jurassic Park and Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, we’ve plucked out some of our favourite behind the scenes shots showing some impressive sets, scale models and George Lucas’s favourite green screen.
1. From the opening starfighter skirmish… hope you like blue screens
2. Featuring everyone’s favourite R2 droid
3. The set of General Grievous’ Invisible Hand command bridge
4. Engaging in battle with two MagnaGuards
5. Ian McDiarmid, Hayden Christensen, George Lucas and Ewan McGregor on set
6. On set with a green screen backdrop
7. A set of the Jedi Temple communication centre
8. An awesome scale set build of Utapau
9. Obi-Wan taking shelter after the execution of Order 66
10. Palpatine vs Mace Windu
11. A suspended Mace Windu after his window fall, with blue screens of course
12. Anthony Daniels in part C3-PO costume
13. McGregor and Christensen in costume during fight choreography
14. On the Mustafar set during the final battle
15. Post-battle on the Mustafar set, showing the blue screen effect for Vader’s lost legs and arm
16. Some incredible practical effects for Vader’s Mustafar injuries
17. And finally, Peter Mayhew’s cameo appearance as Chewbacca
READ MORE: Brand new Star Wars: The Force Awakens t-shirts
READ MORE: Mark Hamill’s autographs are the best
Share and Enjoy
• Add to favorites
The post Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith – Behind the Scenes appeared first on 8Ball.co.uk.