GUEST POST: Top Ten Sheldon Cooper Quotes
A guest blog from Mike at WildTide.co.uk with his top ten Sheldon Cooper quotes from The Big Bang Theory
The cast of the Big Bang Theory and in particular Sheldon Cooper have been single handedly responsible for making geeks cool.
This isn’t Sheldon’s only non-scientific achievement though, he has also created a new fashion trend in geeky t-shirts.
It’s hard to believe that the Big Bang Theory is now in its 7th season and came out over 6 years ago in 2007!
I like most people struggle to pick a favourite character, is it Sheldon with his hilarious foibles, mannerisms and obsessive traits or Leonard with his constant frustration with Sheldon and his failing with Penny?
Could it be Raj and his selective mutism in front of the ladies or maybe Howard and his unrelenting terrible chat up lines and his awful dress sense? With such a rich and hilarious array of characters it’s impossible to pick a favourite!
To celebrate 8Ball‘s awesome range of Big Bang Theory and Sheldon inspired T shirts, I’ve gathered the ten best Cooper quotes for your reading pleasure.
1. Sheldon: I’m not insane, my mother had me tested!
2. Sheldon: Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.
3. Penny: So what do you say Sheldon, are we your X-men?
Sheldon: No, the X-men were named for the X in Charles Xavier. Since I am Sheldon Cooper, you will be, my C-men.
4. Raj: I don’t like bugs, okay? They freak me out.
Sheldon: Interesting. You’re afraid of insects and women. Ladybugs must render you catatonic.
5. Leonard: For God’s sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?
6. Sheldon: I’m sorry, coffee’s out of the question. When I moved to California I promised my mother that I wouldn’t start doing drugs.
7. Wolowitz: But you love that spot.
Sheldon: No, I love my mother, my feelings for my spot are much greater.
8. Sheldon: What type of Computer do you have? And please don’t say a white one.
9. Sheldon: You know, in difficult times like this, I often turn to a force stronger than myself.
Sheldon: Star Trek.
[We couldn’t find the clip, so here’s a montage of all the Star Trek opening credits! – Ed]
10. Sheldon: Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, Little Ball of Fur! Happy Kitty, Sleepy Kitty, Purr, Purr, Purr!
And how could I not include some of the other characters describing Sheldon! Here are a few of the best:
Leonard: Penny, you don’t want to get into it with Sheldon. The guy’s one lab accident away from being a super villain.
Sheldon: (At The Cheesecake Factory) Who do I speak to about permanently reserving this table?
Penny: I don’t know, a psychiatrist?
Leonard: Hey, guys.
Sheldon: Alright, I’ll bow to social pressure. Hey.