by 8Ball T ShirtsPosted on August 31, 20160 Comments
“I’ll have what she’s having”, “E.T phone home” and “Frankly, my dear i don’t give a damn” each of these iconic quotes have featured in every list of the greatest movie quotes of all time. Polls taken by the industry elite, a group of professionals who know what it takes to create an iconic movie quote, spend hours going through old footage deciding which quotes are the best. The 8ball dictionary (yes that is a thing) defines a great movie quote to be memorable, to strike a feeling so deep inside you that you didn’t realise just how much depth you had. A great movie quote should make you want to laugh and cry and laugh at the fact that you are crying. The movie that it came from may not be an award winner but an average acting performance delivering a stellar quote is all that we need.
So ever the ones to sit outside of the box we bring you the other 50 greatest movie quotes of all time. A list of movie quotes so underrated that we can guarantee that you will never see another list like it.
50. “Dead or alive, you’re coming with me!” – Robocop
49. “Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club.” – The Breakfast Club
48. “There’s that word again. “Heavy”. Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the earth’s gravitational pull?” – Back To The Future
47. “If it bleeds we can kill it.” – Predator
46. “You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest… WITH… A HERRING!” – Monty Python and the Holy Grail
45. “The only true currency in this bankrupt world . . . is what you share with someone else when you’re uncool.” – Almost Famous
44. “Are you not entertained?! Are you not entertained?! Is this not why you are here?” – Gladiator
43. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
42. “Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the limbs you’ve lost. They belong to me now.” – Kill Bill
41. “I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being.” – Stand By Me
40. “Snakes… Why’d it have to be snakes?” – Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
39. Vanessa Loring: “Your parents are probably wondering where you are.” Juno MacGuff: “Nah… I mean, I’m already pregnant, so what other kind of shenanigans could I get into?” – Juno
38. “What is this? A center for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read… if they can’t even fit inside the building?” – Zoolander
37. “How do you like them apples?” – Good Will Hunting
36. “Hey, don’t knock masturbation. It’s sex with someone I love.” – Annie Hall
35. “That’s the coolest fucking story I’ve ever heard in my entire life! That’s insane. Is it… Can I hear it again, do you have time?” – Superbad
34. “Well, fuck me gently with a chainsaw.” – Heathers
33. Dale Doback: “On the count of three, name your favorite dinosaur. Don’t even think about it. Just name it. Ready? One, two, three.” Dale Doback, Brennan Huff: “Velociraptor.” – Step Brothers
32. “What killed the dinosaurs? The ICE AGE” – Batman and Robin
31. “Let me tell you something. There’s no nobility in poverty. I’ve been a poor man, and I’ve been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time.” – Wolf of Wall Street
30. “Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho” – Die Hard
29. “That rug really tied the room together.” – The Big Lebowski
28. Buzz Lightyear:”Excuse me, I think the word you’re searching for is “Space Ranger” Woody: “The word I’m searching for – I can’t say, because there’s preschool toys present.” – Toy Story
27. “ I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please… with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.” – Pulp Fiction
26. “One does not simply walk into Mordor” – Lord of the Rings
25. “I’m not bad. I’m just drawn that way.” – Who Framed Roger Rabbit
24. “…I have nipples, Greg. Could you milk me?” – Meet The Parents
23. “But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.” – Taken
22. “You’re terminated, fucker!” – The Terminator
21. “I’m glad he’s single because I’m going to climb that like a tree.” – Bridesmaids
20. “Smile, you son of a bitch!” – Jaws
19. “We’ll stay up late, swapping manly stories, and in the morning, I’m making waffles!” – Shrek
18. Elaine Dickinson: “A hospital? What is it?” Rumack: “It’s a big building with patients, but that’s not important right now.” – Airplane!
17. “So come up to the lab and see what’s on the slab. I see you shiver with antici… pation.” – Rocky Horror Picture Show
16. “I just got one thing to say… to my wife at home: Yo, Adrian! I DID IT!” – Rocky II
15. “He does dress better than I do, what would I bring to the relationship?” – Clueless
14. Princess Leia: “I love you” Han Solo: “I know” – Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
13. “Let’s put a smile on that face.” – The Dark Knight
12. “Choose your future. Choose life… But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin’ else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you’ve got heroin?” – Trainspotting
11. “Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it’s bobsled time! COOL RUNNINGS!” – Cool Runnings
10. “Get away from her, you bitch.” – Aliens
9. “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.” – The Princess Bride
8. “I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I’m all out of bubblegum.” – They Live
7. “I’m too old for this shit!” – Lethal Weapon
6. “There’s only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people’s cultures and the Dutch.” – Austin Powers: Goldmember
5. “Remember those posters that said, ‘Today is the first day of the rest of your life’? Well, that’s true with every day except one—the day you die.” – American Beauty
4. “Let’s show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown.” – Ghostbusters
3. “I’m in a glass case of emotion!” – Anchorman
2. “Tigers *love* pepper. They hate cinnamon” – The Hangover
1. “Remember Sully when i promised to kill you last? I lied.” – Commando
So there is our list of the other 50 greatest movie quotes of all time. We want to know what quotes we have missed and what your favourite movie quotes of all time are. Let us know in the comments below or head on over to social where you can find us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebookand Snapchat.
You may have seen that 8Ball have been doing something a little special recently, our Directors Cut Box Sets. These collections feature special items taken directly from or inspired by some of the greatest movies that have been put to film. We want to take a bit of time to show what makes these movies so special.
As Bonfire Night approaches you’re gonna be hearing a lot about rebels and the nature of defiance. You’re gonna hear a lot about Guy Fawkes and V For Vendetta, so we thought we’d take a look at some other, often overlooked, rebels.
Next Day Delivery items ordered before 12 noon GMT will be dispatched the same day and delivered the next working day. If a Next Day Delivery order is placed on Friday this would be delivered on Monday. Orders placed after 12 noon GMT would be dispatched the next working day. Next Day Delivery items ordered over a weekend would not be dispatched until the following Monday and delivered on the Tuesday.